Wednesday, January 4, 2012

BP #2 - Taking advantage


1.      Taking advantage:
                When I was in 11th grade, one of my close classmates called me in his house to play video games with him right before our final examination. I was always obsessed to play games and see friends. In the evening time I told my mom that I’m going to the tutorial center and actually I went to my friend’s house to play games instead. When I got his home, he started to tell me about that he didn’t finish his turn paper project for the final and at the end he wanted me to help him. The project was very much important for all the students in our class to pass the final exam and get a good grade also. On that moment I really got angry on him. Since we were good friends I couldn’t deny him helping on that project. I worked on his papers two-hours nonstop to get the project done. It was very hard for me to do the whole thing in this short time but he seems relaxed to me. After that he offered me to play games when I was totally exhausted and mad at him. Then I came home without playing games thinking that he just took advantage of friendliness.
2.      HeLa’s family:
                HeLa’s family feels that John Hopkins took the advantage of HeLa’s cells. I think the whole world still taking the advantage of HeLa’s cells. Medical researchers have found immortal cells from her body which they used to experiment for all the fields that they wanted to do. These cells are the ONLY cells that scientists used to make atomic bombs and medical industries used to make cure for many diseases that are existing in this current world. I feel like we(human beings) are taking advantages of HeLa’s cells till today and in the future too. But, the thing that I don’t like is why HeLa’s family is not getting anything behalf of that. It is really sad that John Hopkins hospital didn’t even let them know about this great thing. I don’t  know who is going to take responsibility to help this family out to get some facilities for Hela’s immortal work but I personally feel guilty for HeLa’s family.

2 comments:

  1. The explanation is clear.

    i don't like to help someone do some projects that it is not a group. if we are in the same class that means i must do it twice.

    did you friend help you to finish the project ?

    ReplyDelete